Exciting New Virtual Events Have Been Added!
Please log into your STUDIO CENTER for Virtual Competition Entry Fees and Registration Details and Deadlines. All Registration is First Come, First Served. Space is limited, Studios within a 200 mile radius from the Specific City are eligible for registration. Registration is open to ALL interested studios! If you do not have an Applause Studio Account please sign up at Studio Center Sign-Up. Registration is only open to STUDIOS, we do not accept Independent Registration. Exclusive to the VIRTUAL Dance Competition experience we're proud to also offer the Amazing Title Competition and Online Photogenic Contest!
How to Register
- Sign into your STUDIO CENTER
- Edit Studio Information - Be sure your mailing address is correct as all awards will be shipped directly to the studio address listed within your Studio Center.
- Add Performances to the Virtual Event that is within a 200 mile radius of your studio zip code.
- Once all performances are registered, click on Music Manager & Virtual Competition Video Uploads to upload your video files. Video File Requirements - MP4 file with a maximum file size of 500MB.
- A tentative schedule will be sent the Friday prior to the event by 4pm PST.
- Deadlines for Video Uploads and ANY performance changes are Tuesday at 7pm PST before the Virtual Event.
- A Final Schedule will be emailed to the STUDIO on Wednesday the week of the event by 12 noon PST.
Tentative Virtual Event Schedule
- The Digital Program will be available for ALL to download 1 day prior to the start of the Virtual Competition. Click here to download your Digital Souvenir Program
- To View the LIVE VIRTUAL COMPETITION - go to Virtual Dance Competition Theater
Sample Virtual Event Schedule
- Friday 8am (EST) - Live stream starts
- Saturday 8am (EST) - Live stream continues
- Sunday 8am (EST) - Live stream continues
- Monday 2pm (EST) - Awards streamed live
** Subject to change based upon registration and event location **
Post Event Details
The awards presentations for each virtual event will be available for replay here.
- All Virtual Competitions will adhere to the 2020 Applause Rules and Regulations.
- Submissions can be recordings from ANY conventions/competitions, Applause or not. You may also use videos from recitals, showcases or any other performances or rehearsals. Recreational and professional settings accepted.
- All performances will be evaluated using the Applause Judging and Scoring criteria. Please review the Applause Rules and Regulations for more details.
- We are accepting Solos, Duet/Trios, Small Groups, Large Groups, Lines and Productions for the paid Virtual Dance Competitions. Price: Regional $50.00, National $75.00 (per dance, regardless of size).
- Please make sure your performances are family friendly!
- The Title competition is open to soloists who pre-register for their respective Virtual competition. A separate entry fee will apply for each Title performance. The fee to enter Title is Regional $25.00, National $45.00.
- Online Photogenic Contest registration can be entered through the Studio Center or Parent Centers. The price for photogenic entry is Regional $30.00, National $40.00.
Judging, Scoring and Awards
- Each performance will be adjudicated by a professional panel of three predetermined judges.
- General Awards placement will be posted on the results page. This will be a new tab added to our website results page. Only High Point Awards, Title, Photogenic and additional scholarships will be presented during the LIVE awards presentation.
- All registered performances will receive Judges' commentary and score sheets.
- Overall High Point awards will be presented in the respective Levels and Age Divisions.
- New Virtual award buttons will be presented and shipped for General Placement and High Point Awards.
- Title WINNERS in each Level and Age will be awarded crowns and caps. These awards will be also mailed to the studio.
- Photogenic WINNERS will receive a custom plaque. These awards will also be mailed to the studio.
- The Top 3 SOLO Overall High Point Winners will be presented scholarships to Refresh Dance Convention and Competition.
We can't wait to see all of the incredibly talented dancers!! Thanks for participating and joining us for our first VIRTUAL dance competitions!! For any questions please email us at email@example.com.